Listening styles can greatly influence the outcome of a conflict. Have a look at some of the videos below that explain the different listening styles and provides suggestions on improving your listening skills.
Some key points to remember are:
- Use both verbal and non-verbal responses
- Stay focussed on the topic the speaker is talking to you about
- Focus on hearing what the speaker has to say, not rush to problem solve
- Empathise with the speaker but be conscious not to make them more concerned
- Focus on the content of the speaker’s message; try not to get too hung up on small details